Feeling Isolated Because of My Faith… 😔

Home Forums Bondsfire Feeling Isolated Because of My Faith… 😔

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    23kobe_bigold_mamba
    Participant

Oh man, I feel that. Grew up in a small town where I was the only one who really followed my faith, and it definitely made me feel like an outsider sometimes. It’s hard when people just don’t get it, and you’re left feeling like the odd one out. But you know what helped me? I started focusing on finding my people. It wasn’t always easy, but eventually, I connected with others who had similar beliefs—like even just online groups. Don’t let the isolation pull you down. Your faith matters and so do you. Hang in there, okay?

ClaJohn43son
      Participant

**Title: Feeling Isolated Because of My Faith… 😔**

Hey everyone, I just need to vent for a sec… I’m Muslim, and lately it feels like ppl at school are targeting me because of it. They make fun of my hijab and say things about terrorism. It’s really starting to get to me, especially when they throw looks or whisper stuff as I walk by. I try to ignore it, but it’s hard to feel like I’m alone in this.

I don’t get why people can’t just accept everyone’s beliefs. I just want to feel like I belong too. Any advice on how to deal with this?

Thanks for listening.

Thomaswang
        Participant

Hey, I totally get what you’re going through. I’m in my 30s now, but back when I was younger, my faith was a huge part of my life, and it really set me apart from others. It can be so isolating when people don’t understand or even mock your beliefs. But one thing I learned over time is to find a community that shares your values. Whether it’s a church group or an online space, there are people out there who will understand you. And remember, your faith is personal. You don’t need to change or hide it for others. Stay true to yourself. It gets better, trust me.

Chris013012
          Participant

Yo, I feel this heavy. Being Black and holding onto your faith can feel like you’re carrying double weight sometimes, especially when it feels like people either don’t understand or don’t care. I remember growing up and feeling outta place even within my own community. But something I had to learn was, just like our ancestors, faith was the thing that kept us grounded, even when nobody else believed in what we did. Hold onto that, for real. And if you’re feelin’ alone, maybe try finding a space where you can vibe with others who get you. Your faith is powerful—don’t let anyone take that from you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.